Robyn Smith MS, PT, SCS
The Center for Physical Rehabilitation
Grand Valley State University
Grand Rapids, MI
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, Grand Valley State University, Allendale,
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science, Grand Valley State University, Allendale,
Current Professional Appointments:
- Director of Sports Physical Therapy, The Center for Physical Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Advances in Clinical Education. Continuing Education Clinical Educator.
Past Professional Appointments:
- Staff Physical Therapist, GRSportsCenter, Sports Medicine,
Division of RehabPROS, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Grand Valley State University, Therapeutic Exercise Lab Instructor, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Grand Valley State University, Spinal Manual Therapy Assistant Professor, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Staff Physical Therapist, Kimberly O’Donnel P.T., P.C., Greenville, Michigan.
- Staff Physical Therapist, Hackley Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Muskegon, Michigan.
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of Michigan, License Number 5501009474, since 1998.
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist / Sports Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, The American Physical Therapy Association, 2003.
- Titleist Certified Fitness Instructor, Level II, Medical Professional.
- Emergency Responder
Professional Positions Held:
- Team Member, Membership Committee, Sports Physical Therapy Section, The American Physical Therapy Association, appointed 2005.
- The American Physical Therapy Association
- Sports Physical Therapy Section, APTA
- Michigan Physical Therapy Association
- D’Amico J, Betlach M, Senkarik R, Smith R, Voight M, Return to Golf following left THA in a golfer who is right handed. NAJSPT Volume 2, Number 4, 2007.
- Smith, RK. Lowell Ledger Newspaper. 6 series on running, training for a 5k, shoe choices, and injury prevention. August – October 2007.
- Smith, R, Schuemann T and Hoogenboom B. Special Considerations in the Athletic Female, In: Voight ML, Hoogenboom, BJ, and Prentice, WE: Musculoskeletal Interventions: Techniques in Therapeutic Exercise, 2nd Edition. McGraw-Hill, Nov. 2006.
- Smith, R., Logerstedt, R. The Spine in Sport: Spondylosis and Spondylolisthesis. Sports Physical Therapy Section. Home Study Course. Indianapolis, IN.
Awards and Honors:
- Emerging Leader Award, American Physical Therapy Association 2007.