SPORTS THERAPY CERTIFICATION
North American Sports Medicine Institute (NASMI) has joined together with the University of St. Augustine to offer a specialty certification in Sports Physical Therapy for practicing clinicians (STC).
OBJECTIVES OF CERTIFICATION
To provide practicing clinicians a means of upgrading their clinical skills in Sports Physical Therapy through quality Physical Therapy continuing education and examination. To identify those therapists who have in the view of NASMI/USA faculty attained a safe and effective level of clinical practice in Sports Physical Therapy. To enable NASMI/USA to issue a reference list of certification graduates for the purpose of facilitating patient referral to or between persons with such identifiable competency.
Perspective candidates must complete six structured Physical Therapy continuing education courses followed by a comprehensive certification course. The certification course consists of a short review and comprehensive testing in St. Augustine FL for the spine/extremities and Nashville TN for the sports portion. There are written, oral and practical examinations by examiners who are instructors in the program.
Courses through ACE:
- Foundations/Competencies in Sports Physical Therapy
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- Lower Quarter Management of Overuse & Traumatic Injuries Related to the Running Athlete
- Rehabilitation Across the Lifespan: An Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Approach to the Shoulder, Hip, and Knee
Courses thorough USA:
- E1-Extremity Evaluation and Treatment
- S1-Introduction to Spinal Evaluation and Manipulation
- Review/Certification in Sports Physical Therapy
- St. Augustine (See USA.edu for dates and times)
Comprehensive written exam for Basic Science, EI and SI Oral and Practical for E1 and S1
- Nashville (See Rehabeducation.com for dates and times)
Compressive written exam for Upper Quarter, Lower Quarter, Foundations in Sports Physical Therapy, and Emergency Responder Oral/Practical for Upper Quarter, Lower Quarter, Foundations in Sports Physical Therapy, Taping, and Emergency Responder
- Current CPR Certification *
- Current Red Cross Emergency Responder*
- Upon successful completion of the Foundation/Competencies in Sports PT course the participant will receive the Red Cross Emergency Responder certification valid of 3 years and CPR for the Professional Rescuer Valid for 1 year.